Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- Advise the staff if you faint easily
- Drink plenty of fluid the evening before the procedure
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear a short sleeved shirt or a loose fitting shirt with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, cough, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- Do not wear dark nail polish
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Morgan, Caldwell, Dowd and Chuah prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Before Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- You may eat and drink up to 2 hours prior to your surgery.
- If a pre-operative medication is prescribed this is to be taken ONE hour prior to the procedure. A small sip of water or juice is permitted with the pre-medication.
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- You must be healthy the day of you surgery. Please advise the staff ahead of time of any illness.
For more information about Before Anesthesia or to schedule a consultation with Drs. Morgan, Caldwell, Dowd and Chuah, call our office in Concord, MA at Concord Office Phone Number 978-369-2525.